The Kokoumbo permit is located in central Côte d’Ivoire, some 40-50km north northeast of Newcrest’s Bonikro gold mine and Endeavour’s Agbaou gold mine within the Oume-Fetekro greenstone belt.
The character of regolith at Kokoumbo and Beriaboukro is more complex compared to northern Cote d’Ivoire with thicker vegetation cover and relief as well as extensive areas of agriculture.
Recent Exploration Activity
2,500m of diamond drilling, targeting high-grade gold mineralisation was completed at
- KOD017: 4.5m at 4.22g/t Au
- KOD026: 9.0m at 2.08g/t Au
Diamond Drilling (Below)
- KOD001: 7.5m at 16.0g/t from 0m, including 1.5m at 74.2m from 6.0m
- KOD002: 7.5 at 1.6g/t Au from 0m
- KOD003: 4.5m at 1.4g/t Au from 0m
- KOD005: 7.5 at 1.5g/t Au from 12m, including 1.5m at 8.9g/t Au
- KOD010: 1.5m at 14.9g/t Au from 87m
The Company is encouraged with the IP Survey results from our Kokoumbo Project. Several strong anomalies were detected and indicate the potential for high-grade gold mineralisation. The follow-up drill program is now underway, further work planned for 2018 will include both core and RC drill testing of untested soil anomalies to the south and west of Kokoumbo Hill.