Predictive owns 100% of its Burkina Faso package and the Company is currently exploring opportunities for divestment of the asset portfolio or other ownership structures to take control of these properties, through which the Company can participate in a possible future mine development without being required to fund operations prior to a mine development decision.
The Burkina Faso portfolio comprises a 722km2 land package in the Samira Hill greenstone belt, separated into six permits and two permit applications in two separate project areas – Bongou and Tempetou. This belt hosts the 2.5 million-ounce Samira Hill gold deposit across the border in Niger and contains numerous active artisanal gold mine sites along its length.
The Bongou Gold Deposit was discovered in 2012 and Predictive completed four RC and Diamond drilling programs in 2013-14 (below) and a formal Mineral Resource Estimate was announced in September 2014 (Table 1).
The Bongou deposit is considered high grade for an open pittable gold resource because over 70% of the resource ounces are retained when the cut-off grade is raised from 0.8g/t Au to 2.0g/t Au, with a high average grade of 3.75g/t Au. The bulk of the estimated resources are contained in one mineralised granite body, which is thick in the near surface and the share of the mineralisation lends itself to a simple open pit mining operation.
|Indicated Resources||Inferred Resources||Total resources|
|Cut-off||Million tonnes||Au (g/t)||Ounces||Million tonnes||Au (g/t)||Ounces||Million tonnes||Au (g/t)||Ounces|
In addition to the existing 184,000oz resource, the permits also include significant exploration potential within 10km of the Bongou deposit. An extract from the Company’s ASX release of 3 September 2015 describing an Exploration Target for that area follows:
The Exploration Target* detailed in the following table is estimated to be in a range of 9.4 to 10.4 million tonnes averaging between approximately 1.5 to 1.7 g/t Au and containing approximately 460,000 to 563,000 ounces of gold, as follows:
|Prospect Names||Million Tonnes||Grade||Ounces Gold|
|(see Figure 1 for location)||Lower estimate||Higher estimate||Lower estimate||Higher estimate||Lower estimate||Higher estimate|
|Near Bongou (W2/W8)||0.27||0.3||1.57||1.74||14,000||17,000|
The calculation was restricted to prospects for which there is good evidence of mineralisation orientation and continuity. Most of these prospects are open along strike and at depth. A number of other isolated gold intercepts within 10km of Bongou were excluded, so there is significant potential to expand the Exploration Target further within range of Predictive Discovery’s own drilling.
Data and parameters used in calculating this Exploration Target were as follows:
- Gold intercepts from 291 reverse circulation holes, 4 air core holes and 5 diamond drill holes were used in the calculation.
- The holes were mostly drilled on lines spaced from 50m to 100m apart, with a spacing along the lines ranging from 10m to 50m.
- 0.5 g/t gold cut-off grade;
- Minimum downhole intercept width of 2m and a minimum grade times width intercept of 2g*m;
- Minimum internal waste of 3m except for a few holes where it was clear that the holes had drilled almost down-dip and where the inclusion of larger down-hole intervals of internal waste made geological sense;
- Maximum of 100m strike extent from drill holes (where the continuity of the mineralisation is supported by mapping and/or the location of artisanal workings and/or anomalous auger results);
- Maximum of 70m vertical extent below surface;
- Dry bulk density estimates as follows:
- Laterite: 2.2
- Saprolite: 1.8
- Weathered rock between base of saprock and base of complete oxidation (BOCO): 2.3
- Fresh mafic volcanics: 2.8
- Fresh felsic to intermediate rocks including granite and granodiorite: 2.7
- The calculation was carried out using a cross sectional method with volumes projected half way to the next hole (on the section) or half way to the next section to a maximum distance of 100m (along strike).
Most of the zones of gold mineralisation included in the Exploration Target are open at depth and along-strike. In addition, there are a series of other mineralised intercepts which have potential for resource discovery either along strike or at depth.”
Tempetou (formally Bira)
Predictive has been working in this area since 2010 when it commenced exploration in Burkina Faso. The area was previously unavailable due to a Uranium Exploration Reserve. The area was previously explored by Anglo American (Anmercosa) and Predictive holds a historical database of Anmercosa Soil geochemistry and RC drill data. The historical RC Drill data contains encouraging gold intersections.
Recent Exploration Activity
Power auger drilling to the south-west of the known gold mineralisation at Tempetou has been underway since December 2017 (Below). The program was designed to test an arsenic-in-soil anomaly obtained by Anmercosa that extends to the south and west of the Tempetou prospect over a strike length of 28km.
The drilling was undertaken on both the Tempetou and Kalinga permits on a 400 x 25m grid. Results show that anomalous gold values now extend over 20km to the south and southwest of the drilled area, indicating substantial potential to discover more gold mineralisation along strike from the Tempetou prospect.
Tempetou RC Drill results and locations
5,129m of RC drilling program was completed on Tempetou in 2017. A north-north-east striking 800m long zone of gold mineralisation in foliated volcano-sedimentary rocks has been identified, showing good widths and ore continuity. Preliminary bottle roll cyanidation tests suggested that very high gold recoveries are likely to be obtained in a full program of metallurgical test work.
Best intercepts include:
- BIRRC001: 17m at 1.74 g/t Au from 2m
- BIRRC002: 27m at 1.83g/t Au from 23m
- BIRRC004: 8m at 2.00g/t Au from 101m
- BIRRC005: 16m at 1.15g/t Au from 20m
- BIRRC008: 11m at 1.69g/t Au from 54m
- BIRRC009: 8m at 1.69g/t Au from 87m
- BIRRC010: 22m at 1.55g/t Au from 115m
- BIRRC012: 13m at 1.35g/t Au from 49m
- BIRRC015: 16m at 1.13 g/t Au from 42m
- BIRRC016: 21m at 1.39g/t Au from 72m
- BIRRC017: 14m at 1.42g/t Au from 98m
- BIRRC019: 33m at 1.42g/t Au from 51m
- BIRRC020: 8m at 1.92g/t Au from 80m
- BIRRC021: 14m at 1.81g/t Au from 45m
- BIRRC023: 29m at 0.99g/t Au from 79m