Predictive has been working in this area since 2010 when it commenced exploration in Burkina Faso. The area was previously unavailable due to a Uranium Exploration Reserve. The area was previously explored by Anglo American (Anmercosa) and Predictive holds a historical database of Anmercosa Soil geochemistry and RC drill data. The historical RC Drill data contains encouraging gold intersections.
Recent Exploration Activity
Power auger drilling to the south-west of the known gold mineralisation at Bira has been underway since December 2017 (Below). The program was designed to test an arsenic-in-soil anomaly obtained by Anmercosa that extends to the south and west of the Bira prospect over a strike length of 28km.
The drilling was undertaken on both the Bira and Kalinga permits on a 400 x 25m grid. Results show that anomalous gold values now extend over 20km to the south and southwest of the drilled area, indicating
5,129m of RC drilling program was completed on Bira in 2017. A north-north-east striking 800m long zone of gold
Best intercepts include:
- BIRRC001: 17m at 1.74 g/t Au from 2m
- BIRRC002: 27m at 1.83g/t Au from 23m
- BIRRC004: 8m at 2.00g/t Au from 101m
- BIRRC005: 16m at 1.15g/t Au from 20m
- BIRRC008: 11m at 1.69g/t Au from 54m
- BIRRC009: 8m at 1.69g/t Au from 87m
- BIRRC010: 22m at 1.55g/t Au from 115m
- BIRRC012: 13m at 1.35g/t Au from 49m
- BIRRC015: 16m at 1.13 g/t Au from 42m
- BIRRC016: 21m at 1.39g/t Au from 72m
- BIRRC017: 14m at 1.42g/t Au from 98m
- BIRRC019: 33m at 1.42g/t Au from 51m
- BIRRC020: 8m at 1.92g/t Au from 80m
- BIRRC021: 14m at 1.81g/t Au from 45m
- BIRRC023: 29m at 0.99g/t Au from 79m
15,000m of RC drilling is planned to commence in December 2019, testing 10 targets within the Bira, Kalinga and Tantiabongou permits. This new drilling forms part of the exploration plan for the area of influence with both joint venture partners believing it to be highly prospective for multiple gold deposits.